Have any of you attempted Kashmiri Kahwa Tea?” I enthusiastically asked my impassive partners after my trek again from India.
Now and again, how individuals see things dismays me, particularly when it’s identified with nourishment. In spite of the fact that I tried to clarify that partner how Kashmiri Kahwa Tea is a spiced tea, and it just relies on upon the quantity of sugar 3D shapes you may have dropped in, yet in common sense, he would just recall that sweet taste.
To begin with, yes, Kashmiri Kahwa Tea is a bit sweet since cinnamon, cardamom and saffron assume a urgent part in “sweetening” it up. Be that as it may, the persistent flavor of the taste is constantly spicier. It has got woody flavors too due to almonds/walnuts that acquire abundance. Lastly the Kashmiri green tea leaves do a cameo to spare the tea from being ‘sugary’.
Anyway, this post is not a tirade against how individuals decipher this drink, however how delectable it is for the taste buds and how sound it is for the body, mind and soul. Green tea is as of now celebrated around the world for its dietary properties, and this Kashmiri green tea is much more so. It’s for those few like me who don’t savor tea (certainty non tea-consumers in north India are straightaway given the status of an untouchable!).
It’s for the individuals who need a speedy help from cerebral pain. It’s for those wellbeing cognizant who wouldn’t see any problems this drink after suppers to settle the scores with carbs (the drink washes away the fats). It’s for those globe-trotters who appreciate something new for their sense of taste.
It’s for those overcome souls living in colder climes who need to dispose of woolens and covers and appreciate the climate. It’s for that bothered parcel which needs to dispose of their enslavement from smooth teas and espressos (normally get a migraine in the event that they don’t get their day by day dosage of most loved refreshment). It’s for the exhausted officials who need comfort in something sound than suffocate their distresses in lager.
Kahwa is a natural imbuement that even Ayurveda endorses. In spite of the fact that its beginnings are questioned whether it originated from China or lavish valleys of Kashmir, the drink is additionally famous in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Middle East and has flown out far and wide to different parts of the world.
At whatever point I have companions approached my place, I actually attempt to compel them to try Kahwa out. Since a great many people I know haven’t attempted it yet.
The genuine taste however would originate from Samovar, the metal pot. Metal utensils have a tendency to loan their own particular flavors, the more established era still adores to drink water from metal compartments. Metal pot on hot coal in itself is a sentimental idea of making the valid Kashmiri Kahwa Tea. In any case, then, it may not be attainable in our circumstances and won’t not fit in the quick ways of life we lead. Thus typical pots come as deliverer.
In spite of the fact that when you google, you’d discover varieties in numerous formulas and arrangements for the Kahwa, here’s my formula, which I have attempted to finish up after a few endeavors and fixings.
How to Prepare:
- Add one teaspoon to a hot cup of water and your Kashmiri Kahwa drink is ready.
- Heat water in a pan.
- Add cardamom and cinnamon.
- Boil water for 5 – 7 minutes on medium high flame.
- Turn off the flame.
- Add sugar. Stir well till sugar gets dissolved.
- Add kashmiri kahwaStir well, Cover the pan using lid.
- Keep it aside for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Strain the kahwa tea in another pan.
- Add soaked saffron water. Stir
- Pour the kashmiri style kahwa tea in glasses or tea mugs.
- Garnish the kashmiri kahwa with blanched almonds or silvered almonds.
- Serve warm during tea time and enjoy this healthy kahwa tea with your family and friends.
- Note : You can replace the sugar with honey.
- If you don’t have kashmiri kahwa tea leaves, you regular green tea leaves.
- After 5 minutes, include the Kahwa tea leaves, kill the warmth and close the top for 2 minutes so that the green tea settles down. Presently strain and pour on the glasses that had the almonds. The almonds and saffron will coast at first glance, giving the top note a woody turn and making this tea look appealing.
For a variety, you may add next to no ginger to pack in a little punch and cure the throat. You may even discard Kahwa green tea leaves and simply appreciate the essence of masala saffron tea.
One Kashmiri uncle revealed to me that Kashmiris don’t strain the tea. They let the deposits – leaves, saffron and entire flavors leak in at the base of the glass to implant and upgrade the taste. Another basis he gave was that cardamom and saffron are among the priciest flavors, why deplete them when you can appreciate them? Anyway, I do strain the tea to weed out any molecule that may go ahead my tongue while I relish my some Kashmiri Kahwa Tea. The main thing that supplements a Kahwa is the locating of snowflakes outside your window!